100% clean, renewable energy by 2030
The NCSA calls for LADWP to reach 100% renewable energy by 2030, to refrain from any new investments in fossil fuel infrastructure, and to ensure that all residents of Los Angeles reap the benefits of the transition to renewable energy.
UPDATE DECEMBER 2019—
Check out this LA Times report on our efforts regarding Utah's Intermountain Power Plant!
UPDATE OCTOBER 2019—PLEASE HELP THE ADVOCACY COMMITTEE PREVENT THE BUILDING OF A NEW GAS PLANT ON THE SITE OF THE INTERMOUNTAIN POWER PLANT!
- Please invite your NC to sign onto this letter.
- You can submit a CIS to the LADWP!!! And you can use also submit one to this (old) council file.
UPDATE APRIL 2019—
The NCSA Advocacy Committee is asking all neighborhood councils to submit a community impact statement to Council File 16-0243 requesting that the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (DWP) study how to get to 100% clean, renewable energy by 2030. While the DWP is studying a pathway to 100% renewable energy, they are not studying a 100%-by-2030 scenario, and are including sources of energy that are not considered “clean.”
Additional resources are here:
- Food & Water Watch CIS statement
- Council File 16-0243 original motion
- Council File 16-0243 amended motion
INFORMATION ABOUT THE NCSA'S 2016 POSITION—
- Renewable energy letter
- Suggested text for motion (updated November 4, 2016 to include CIS language)
- Why Renewable Energy (updated October 22, 2016)
- Background from Food & Water Watch
- LADWP 2015 Integrated Resource Plan
- Vision for 100% Clean Energy: A Path Forward—Board of Water and Power Commissioners, LADWP
- Sierra Club motion (passed unanimously by City Council September 16, 2016)
- LADWP Integrated Resource Planning workshops flier
- CityWatch article—The Future is Here: A 100% Clean-Powered Los Angeles!
- Neighborhood councils that voted in support by the NCSA deadline of November 17, 2016
- Evan Gillespie of the Sierra Club
- Loraine Lundquist of Cal State Northridge
- Tony Wilkinson of the DWP MOU Oversight Committee
You can download it and listen to it from this link: drive.google.com/file/d/0B3EDpHNxsF4kLVY1ZE5JcFV5aFU/view
Please contact Dan Kegel at email@example.com or Lisa Hart at 323.660.2780 with any questions or concerns.