Join Sierra Club Angeles Chapter Senior Director Morgan Goodwin for a conversation about what Cool Blocks can do for you, your block, our city, and the planet.
- Do you know your neighbors well enough to knock on their door and ask for the proverbial “cup of sugar”?
- Do you wish there was more you could do to have an impact on climate change and conserve resources for the sake of your children or future generations?
- In an emergency, would your neighbors know what to do to help you? Would you know how to help them?
- Would you like to make your neighborhood safer and more livable?
The Neighborhood Council Sustainability Alliance is partnering with the Climate Emergency Mobilization Office and the support of other organizations, including the Sierra Club, to bring Cool Blocks to LA and to bring people together to create the neighborhoods we want to live in.
Cool Blocks LA uses a proven neighbor-to-neighbor model that has helped thousands of people make their neighborhoods safer and healthier, prepare for disasters, save money, and lighten their environmental impact.
You can green your neighborhood, make it safer to walk in, or decide with your neighbors to do whatever is right for your area.
HOW IT WORKS
- Cool Blocks LA is a free, five-month, nine-meeting, action-based program.
- It is self-directed by a team of five to eight households on your block (defined as both sides of the street up to the corners, a cul-de-sac, or an apartment building).
- A meeting is hosted by a different team member in his/her/their home (or via Zoom!!!) every two weeks with the support of a step-by-step guide.
- Each 90-minute to two-hour meeting focuses on a distinct topic connected to reducing your block's carbon footprint, adopting water stewardship practices, preparing for disasters, and improving the quality of life in your neighborhood.
- Every Cool Block Leader will receive full training, coaching, and support.
- The time required is approximately two to three hours a week for five months.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR COOL BLOCK LEADERS in the city of Los Angeles to engage their neighborhood blocks in this effort.
This is an opportunity to build a stronger community with your neighbors, expand or capitalize on your leadership skills, and improve the quality of life in your neighborhood.
Want to check out a Cool Block in Palms from our pilot? Watch this video:
Ready to learn more? Join us for one of our upcoming Cool Block Cafés! Visit ncsa.la/events to see other dates and times.
Si necesita interpretación en español, favor de enviar un correo electrónico a [email protected] o llamar al número 323.660.2780.
Do you like this page?