The energy committee focuses on energy-related sustainability issues in Los Angeles. It meets monthly (the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 7 to 8:30 pm) and has an active Google email group and Slack channel. If you are interested in learning more or participating, please contact the chair, Dan Kegel, at [email protected]. Or just join a meeting!
- 100% Renewable Energy—The city is moving toward 100% clean electricity...but is it moving fast enough?
- Oil Drilling—Hundreds of oil wells sit near residential neighborhoods. We want folks to have some breathing room!
- LAX Rental EVs—LAX is spending a billion dollars on a new rental car facility. Let's make sure it can handle EVs!
- Building Decarbonization—Zero-emission homes can actually be cheaper to build and own - and healthier.
- Methane Lobbying—Troubling lobbying by the fossil fuel industry is occurring in our neighborhood councils.
- Divesting from fossil fuels—Did you know that the City continues to invest in fossil fuels in numerous ways?
Valley Generating Station—The NCSA board signed onto a letter saying that we think the methane leaks should be stopped as soon as possible. We don't have a copy of the signed letter, but we do have the content here.
And we support CF 20-1150 (Koretz/Ryu), asking LADWP to tell us about leaks at power plants. See the motion and our fact sheet.
Do you like this page?