The Energy Committee was formed in July 2020 to focus attention on solving energy-related sustainability issues in Los Angeles.
It meets monthly (the second Monday of the month from 7 to 8:30 pm) and has an active members-only mailing list. If you are interested in learning more or participating, please contact the chair, Dan Kegel, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 100% Renewable Energy—The city is moving toward 100% clean electricity...but is it moving fast enough?
- Oil Drilling—Hundreds of oil wells sit near residential neighborhoods. We want folks to have some breathing room!
- LAX Rental EVs—LAX is spending a billion dollars on a new rental car facility. Let's make sure it can handle EVs!
- Building Decarbonization—Zero-emission homes can actually be cheaper to build and own - and healthier.
- Methane Lobbying—Troubling lobbying by the fossil fuel industry is occurring in our neighborhood councils.
- Divesting from fossil fuels—Did you know that the City continues to invest in fossil fuels in numerous ways?
- Valley Generating Station—The NCSA board signed onto a letter saying that we think the methane leaks should be stopped as soon as possible. We don't have a copy of the signed letter, but we do have the content here.
Do you like this page?